Does your accountant help you maximise your property and construction business with accounting solutions that match your business’s needs?
The property and construction industry has become significantly more competitive and complex in recent years, in a faster moving world and with more Governmental regulation. Now, more than ever, specialist advice is needed from your accounting professionals to guide you through the challenges that this industry presents, so that you are well placed moving forwards.
SFB’s expert team of experienced property accountants can help maximise your return from your property and construction projects and investments in accordance with the ever more complex legal guidelines that are in place.
When it comes to accountancy services, one size does not fit all, so we offer a tailored service for the business needs of all types of firms and individuals involved in the property industry, including investors, developers, subcontractors and construction companies. That way, we can be sure that we give our construction and property clients the accounting and tax services that they really need.
Just some of the Accounting and Finance areas that SFB help with:
- Sector specialised strategic tax planning. Our specialist property tax consultants will provide detailed and pro-active tax preparation services to ensure full tax compliance in all matters. We will recommend appropriate tax strategies to ensure you only pay as much as you should and will claim any tax refunds that are due.
- VAT advice. VAT is one of the more complex business taxes in the UK, with ever changing guidelines and laws. Our tax accountants are always fully up to date with the requirements of the legislation to ensure your tax preparation for all transactions is accurate and correct.
- Assistance with Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) requirements. The CIS brings with it its own set of complex detail. Under the CIS requirements, contractors deduct money from a subcontractor’s payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). The deductions count as advance payments towards the subcontractor’s tax and National Insurance. Contractors must register for the scheme. Subcontractors do not have to register, but deductions are taken from their payments at a higher rate if they are not registered. Confusion can often occur over who counts as a subcontractor or contractor or even the areas of construction covered by it. Our specialists will make sure you do not fall foul of this scheme and its associated employment status requirements.
- Accountancy services. In addition to our property related expertise, as you would expect, we offer all the usual accountancy services: bookkeeping, payroll services, financial statements, financial planning, corporate tax, individual income tax returns, corporate tax, and personal tax.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT). SDLT is a tax payable by the purchaser on land transactions in England and Northern Ireland. Our tax professionals are here, working with your legal advisers as necessary, to ensure that all aspects are complied with, including the tax filings and ensuring all available reliefs are claimed.
- Capital allowances. If you own a commercial property or furnished holiday let, capital allowances are a valuable form of tax relief. It doesn’t matter how long you have owned it, or if you built it, you can still claim. Again, our tax specialists will ensure you can claim all you are entitled to and are always there to answer any specific tax questions you may have.
- Asset clarification and joint ventures. The area of joint ventures in property is a complex one between two or more parties where value is created from the development, acquisition and/or management of a property. Our expert consulting services are here to make sure everything is done correctly with plenty of tax tips and advice to make it more easily understandable.
- Raising finance – corporate finance and project finance. Raising finance to get developments underway is central to this industry sector. We can advise on the best sources for the finance you require.
- The structuring of your business. Getting the structure of your business right is essential for its smooth operation, and we offer business accounting and advisory services that will help you make the right decisions for the future.
- Risk management. As qualified auditors we are well placed to assess the financial risks associated with property and construction projects and advise on how best to mitigate them.
Talk to our specialist Property and Construction Accountants
Contact SFB on 03333 444 171 or email email@example.com to arrange your FREE consultation to discuss which of our accountancy services you need and how we can help your property or construction business to achieve its goals.