Job title: Personal Tax Compliance Senior
Reporting to: Tax Managers/Directors
Hours: 37.5hrs per week Monday to Friday
We are seeking an experienced tax specialist to provide an exemplary compliance and support service to our tax department and wider company to ensure our clients’ needs and all statutory deadlines are met.
The role will primarily involve managing a significant portfolio of personal tax clients and trusts, applying the necessary technical knowledge and using appropriate software to submit returns accurately and efficiently. Although based at our offices on the Attleborough Fields Estate in Nuneaton, travel to offices in Leicester and Hinckley will be required from time to time.
The successful candidate will:
- Be capable of independently managing a varied portfolio of circa 300 clients, including directors, employees, high net worth individuals, sole traders, trusts and partnerships, etc.
- Be able to meet challenging deadlines, complying with all statutory time limits to avoid any penalties.
- Have a proven track record of delivering excellent customer service.
- Preparation of forms P11d, P11d(b), R40 and R185.
- Provide technical assistance and support to non-tax specialists in a clear and concise manner.
- Be involved in ad hoc tax planning projects.
|Essential skills||Desirable skills|
|· Up to date knowledge of tax legislation and HMRC guidance
· Attention to detail/accuracy
· Excellent communication skills
· Work on own initiative
· Research of technical queries
· Managing and meeting challenging SLAs
· Organisation/time management
· Ability to engage, train and motivate others
|· ATT or CTA qualification
· Experience of using Iris software
· Previously worked in an accountancy practice
· Some exposure to advisory and corporate tax matters
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.